restingbaby As i type this, i am  not sure how i’m doing it. Last night was a very rough night. Baby Z is teething and his gum is severely swollen and inflamed, so he spent most of the night into the wee hours of the morning fussing. The thunderstorm that we had also added to the havoc. Let’s just say that i’m a walking zombie right now. It’s amazing how one’s body can summon up some type of super human powers to cope with a stressful situation.  Zion is finally sleeping and i’m hoping that tonight, i can catch up on some much needed pillow time.
 
spaceforins
Ok, now for the fun stuff! I want to talk about Charlotta of Space for Inspiration and what she means to me for a minute. I actually found her via my tumblr blog and i was in awe of her beautiful images, and her movie production like posts; so much so that i just kept going through post after post after post(this was my first visit to her blog). I became an immediate follower. I’m not sure how i caught her eye. It might have been my stalk-like behavior or my wordy comments:-). However, she popped over here and apparently liked what she saw and  became a follower. I think she was probably my fourth or so follower. It was a big deal to have her following my blog, because you know, that’s Charlotta Ward! She wasn’t just a silent follower either. She literally sung my praises in each of her comments or brightened my inbox with her accolade filled emails. Of course, you all know that she has shown me some major love too on her blog. I mean sending people my way and telling them to follow me! Get outta here! That gesture alone speaks volume about her character.  
message
Charlotta, you’re like the Hope in this message. Thank you for all the love and most of all, for being Real. Muah:-)

award1st Lovely Charlotta has awarded me with the Super Comments Award . I am happy to get this award and i love the idea of blog awards. I am sure this is how my students feel when i reward them on a job well done or for great participation in class:-).
Besides placing Mr. Cuddly here on my blog and giving mad respect to Charlotta, I had to answer some questions, you know, since you all are dying to learn more about moi:-) I hope this will be coherent since i am in this zombie state, but here goes:

lifemsg
1. Why do you blog?
I thoroughly enjoy it. My hiatus from teaching to become a stay at home also made blogging possible. I know that if I were still teaching, this blog would not exist. I simply would not have the time. Prior to starting this blog, I was always online researching a purchase for baby Z(i’m an avid researcher). During these researches, I stumbled upon several blogs and enjoyed reading them so much that each day, I would eagerly look forward to what their next post would be. I finally decided to start a blog after I threw Zion’s first birthday party(view it here and here). I received numerous complements and I wanted to share my ideas. In addition, I thought, since I’m addicted to design, the blog would be a great creative outlet for me. That way, my house and my wallet could get a much needed break from my never ending design ideas.
The blogosphere is an awesome place to be. I’ve “met” so many creative and talented minds. It’s also a great feeling to interact with like minded people. You know what I mean, don’t you? For example, when you post something, you don’t get a blank stare or a “huh?” Instead, you get “wow, I just love this!”

memories
2. What are your 3 best memories?
It’s difficult to just choose three, but I’ll try. Of course, the birth of baby Zion heads the list. Next, is when I married the love of my life; I was so emotional that I could hardly say the vows. The third is when I completed my Masters in Education degree. I literally didn’t have a social life for two years, so when I was done I breathed a sigh of relief and then I partied like a rock star! I have to add a fourth, which is when I landed in Italy. First of all, that was the first time I had seen so many small cars(Smart cars). They were just zipping everywhere. Coming from the US., where people drive mostly big vehicles, I was mesmerized by this.

BOOKSRUS BOOKSRUS1
3. Name 4 2 of the best fiction books you've read.
I guess i’m making this easy on myself and listing only two. I have read so many and it really is difficult to narrow down my choices. However, these are two of my absolute faves:

the alchemist lonelylon
4. What are the 5 best movies ever made?
I love watching movies. In fact, dearest hubby and i usually have frequent movie nights at home. It is also not unheard of for us to watch two movies back to back. We love to spend time at home and if you don’t find us in the kitchen cooking or out in the back grilling, chances are we’re snuggled up watching a movie. Apparently two is the magic number this evening, so i’ll only be choosing 2 of my all time faves:

lesmiserables lifeisbeautiful
5. Name 5 things you can't live without.


doginKitchen
It goes without saying that I couldn’t live without my family and my awesome friends. So, here goes:
  • My dog, Ginger(although she’s not a thing)
  • Denim brands like Diesel and True Religion-they were made to fit my 5ft 10 frame.
  • technology
awardbotib
  • Great food and wine
  • Music
6. If you could change your name what would it be?
I don’t know. I’ve never really given that much thought.

idea2
7. Tell us a unique and interesting fact about yourself.
I am Jamaican:-).  I started teacher’s college at age 15. I was the youngest student in the college and the administrators almost turned me back because I was so young, but, my scores were too outstanding. I was a brilliant mind back then;-). Ok, I’m not sure if this is unique but, i did a bit of modeling back in the day. Even nowadays, I still get approached by scouts. However, my interest lies elsewhere these days…

freaky
9. If you had a 'Freaky Friday' experience, who would you change places with?
My dearest husband. He is so gifted, giving and fearless. It would be a life changing experience to enter his work world for at least a day. I would love to know what it’s like to freefall out of a plane like he does, or be the one to sew up a wounded comrade.

ten
10. What is the best thing about being a woman?
Since the birth of my first child, I would have to say motherhood. I also embrace everything that a woman embodies; curves, and all that is feminine!

studyLastThank you again for this award CharlottaThe Alternative Wife, Zhush and Komma-hem would be on this list but they’ve already received this award:-).  It gives me great pleasure to pass the award to my following blog buddies














    lakecomo2I’m off to bed now….xx

    {images: 12-tabletonic, 15-fashionising.com, 1-not sure, 11-desiretoinspire.net, others-tumblr and google}

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    Top