how to create an effective to do list

To maximize my productivity, I had to recently reevaluate my strategies. My first priority was tackling the to do list with things that never seem to get accomplished.

How To Create an Effective To-Do List

Shorten your list. I realize I was being unrealistic by placing up to 10 things that I wanted to tackle in a day. Who was I kidding? Maybe if I had a clone... Limit your list to three things and stay focused on accomplishing those tasks.

Don't Procrastinate. I've fostered a "seize the day" kind of attitude so after my early morning Mommy duties, I turn my attention to my list and start working on the first thing listed. Before noon, I've already accomplished one task or sometimes two depending on the schedule. 

Estimate Time. How long will it take to accomplish each task? For me, it doesn't make sense to plan on being productive once the boys are home from school and one only goes twice per week for 4 hours. Therefore, i have to be realistic about how much time I have and how much I can accomplish with the hours in my day. 

Plan ahead. Utilize the day or evening before to compile your list. 
When I use to teach, I always had my lessoned plan ahead of time. Imagine going to teach a class and not being prepared? The same thing applies here. Have your to do list completed so you so you are prepared for tackling it the following morning.

how to create an effective to do list

The end of a productive day! 

Here's to a productive week for you all. xx


Pics: Tiffany Parsons


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top