(11-04-13) 1795

Hello everyone! Welcome to the big reveal! I can’t believe that I was able to accomplish all I did within 6 weeks.  While there are still some missing elements like window treatments and a big rug under the bed, I am very pleased with how the bedroom now  looks and the touch of feminine bohemian vibe that the room now exudes. Let’s take a look at the details…

A quick reminder of the before:

(11-04-13) 1822
For the design of this space, I went out of my comfort zone a bit with the choice of the wall paper. I am not usually inclined to florals, especially not floral wallpapers.  However, I wanted to exude feminine with a romantic flair. I also love how it juxtaposes with my modern Nelson chandelier(which many of you actually noticed and commented on when I revealed the paper in week 3). Another great feature about this wall paper is  that while  it provides a focal wall for the bed, it doesn’t detract from the bed. It was important that the bed be the focus. I absolutely love our bed which is the California King version of this Charles P. Rogers bed. 

(11-04-13) 1793
I reused a number of things from other rooms in my home.  That sexy blue chair was in my sunroom. I purchased this wingback(see here), but it’s not ready yet. I will show it when it is finished. It’s amazing how this blue chair works though, almost like it was planned.

(11-04-13) 1829
The letter S was also relocated from another room.  It’s the first initial of my name, and I thought it was perfect for above the bed. The letter S is curvy and exudes sexy, doesn’t it?  Sleep, sex, succumb, snoring are some of the words that come to mind for the activities that will be ‘s-trending’ in our bedroom… Another great thing is that it’s lightweight so if it falls no one will get hurt.

(11-04-13) 1813
This is the wall across the bed. I kept this original credenza that I use as a dresser in the room because I just love it too much and I would have to spend way too much money to purchase something else. This piece is from Room and Board that I purchased years ago. Do you notice how the shape of the vase mimic the shape of the bedside lamps?  The oversized framed vintage art print is another favourite of mine that was actually just sitting on the floor in a guest room. Thank goodness leaning art is hip, because I don’t do the whole finding a stud and leveling thing very well and as you know(if you follow me on instagram), the hubby isn’t around. I adore the blue and white and it picks up on the bedding, the chair… I might do a gallery wall when the hubby returns home.

Feng Shui Elements

(11-04-13) 1789Read week’s 4 post that was all about the feng shui elements…

There is that gorgeous rug that you saw a peek of last week. This is “my side” of the bed and where my love center is.  Mounted on the wall(the only thing mounted) is a picture of both of us in Jamaica on vacation.
I know I showed you some bird prints that I was going to frame. However, I found a pair already framed and also those golden pair at TJmaxx and bought them last Friday. Well, I was going to attempt to hang  the framed bird art on Sunday when I saw the following comment from Jayme Barrett,  the Feng Shui author.

feng shui

Well, lucky for me because I wasn’t planning on hanging the birds facing each other! Well, I figured since I had the pair of gold bird figures, I would have them face each other and even be kissing. I returned the framed art and saved some money, plus I didn’t have to worry about finding a stud, etc. 

(11-04-13) 1803
(11-04-13) 1804still in my love center

This pretty box holds some very sentimental items. That framed note is actually a note I wrote in a notebook the hubby had the year he was graduating High School. We stumbled upon it a while back when we were looking through boxes. I couldn’t believe he still had it! Anyway, I had written it in Spanish(Spanish was my favourite subject in high school) and called him ugly and naughty. I also told him that I hope to share a sandwich with him in bed one day. Guess that was my manifestation noteSmile. You can read a little about our story here. Also in the box is a letter that the hubby wrote me back in 2003 when he was deployed in Iraq. It’s the most romantic letter ever. He is not a mushy type of guy either hence it being even more special. The picture is of some photo booth fun on our 14 year wedding anniversary date in August.

(11-04-13) 1801
awww, how tweet
(11-04-13) 1802
the wooden bowl is a thrifted find purchased for $1 and I spray painted it white

(11-04-13) 1807
This is the hubby’s side. The letter A is actually a book end, but in this space, it is A for Amor(love) and also the initial for the hubby’s first name is A. The thrifted containers (doubling as candle holders) from last week look lovely on his nigh stand.

Photo Nov 05, 9 58 15 PM
I found this pencil drawing that the hubby had casually drawn some time ago and framed it using the frame from one of the thrifted art work that I showed you last week.

(11-04-13) 1806
a close up of the embroidered details of one of the  luxurious euro shams on the bed

(11-04-13) 1805
this duvet from Anthropologie  is sooo very pretty in person and it feels so soft to the touch.

(11-04-13) 1798
(11-04-13) 1816
(11-04-13) 1823
(11-04-13) 1842
Like I mentioned before, I still need some items like curtains, etc.  I will show the updates once those are in place, but I am really loving the way the space turned out. I took a risk with the floral wall paper(thank you Don for the installation) and painted the room white! Very unlike me, but I really love it. It is very me; a mix of the things and styles I love. The hubby has seen the wallpaper via Facetime and didn’t seem to mind it. I believe there are masculine elements still in the room that he can appreciateSmile. Plus, Mama Bear deserves to have a girly space! 
A big, big thank you to Lea Hartman of Lea Hartman Photography for photographing the space!  It was so fun to work with you again Lea! Another huge shout out and thank you to Linda of Calling it Home for inviting me to participate in this challenge. It was a welcome distraction from my hubby being deployed and a much needed kick in the butt to give the space some tlc. Thank you to Jayme Barrett, Feng Shui Master and the author of Feng Shui Your Life for sharing your expertise with me and others. Thank you everyone for following along and for your motivating comments! Ok, onward to see what magical spaces the other talented participants created! xx


p.s. the orange phone from last week didn’t make the cut. it wasn’t the right shade of orange

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top