mod podge diy coasters with ferm living wallpaper
It smells like Thanksgiving here. Lots of seasoning and scents whiffing in the air! What are you up to? I am also sipping wine before noon; tis the season!Smile. Well, while things are baking and soaking, I figured I would share this mod podge project that I recently completed with you. I did a variation of this for my local paper using pictures, but today I am sharing the wallpaper version that I did for myself. I had this ferm living wallpaper left over from when we papered a wall in our prior home and I was excited to finally use it!

Getting Creative with Mod Podge: DIY Wallpaper Tile Coasters


I enjoyed doing this diy and I was thoroughly pleased with the results. Here are the details:

Materials Needed:


Tiles: I used  white subway tiles that I had left over from a building project. However, you can purchase inexpensive white tiles from your local hardware store.
Wallpaper: I used leftover wallpaper that I already had. If you do not have wallpaper, you can substitute wrapping paper or printed paper. You can also use pictures if you prefer. Remember, this diy can be tailored to suit any style or colour palette.

An Exacto Knife or a pair of scissors if you are precise at making a straight line.

Mod Podge Gloss Sealer:They are available at craft stores like Michaels, JoAnn Fabrics, or AC Moore.

Craft Felt: It's a great idea to adhere felts to the back of the tiles so they will not scrape or damage any furniture. Craft felts can be purchased at Walmart or any of your local craft stores.

The Process:


Trace your tiles onto your photo or paper.

Cut out the shape of your tile with an exacto knife or a pair of scissors. I left about 1/4 inch on each side because I wanted to see some of the tile as a border on each side.

Apply a small amount of any type of liquid adhesive(available at craft stores or walmart) to each tile. Use your fingers to gently press your photo or paper into place. Allow each tile to dry for approximately 20 minutes.

While they are drying using an extra tile, cut out felt shapes to place on the back of each tile.

Apply mod podge gloss sealant to each tile after it is dry. Repeat the process about 5 times allowing 20 minutes of drying time between each application.

When your tiles are thoroughly dry, apply precut felt to the back with an adhesive of your choice. Wait a day before using the coasters or before wrapping them as gifts.

The Results/Setting the Table with Mod Podge  Tiles:

mod podge diy coasters with ferm living wallpaper
A peek at our Thanksgiving table. I kept the utensils off because the boys tend to think all sharp things are toys.  The tiles look fab and pick up on the green from the plates which I already had and they were purchased from CB2 a couple years ago.  Don’t you just love that table covering? It’s a vintage laminated fabric that I scored at Hancock Fabrics some months ago! Oh, the table runner was a purchase from Pier 1 years ago and the chargers are from Target. The napkins are Kate Spade and guess what, I spent nada for this table setting. I used what I had and hoped it would all work togetherSmile.  Have you used mod podge before? Enjoy your special day my friends. xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top