cleankitchfirst


can be a pain in the buttocks! I feel like I am always cleaning my kitchen. How about you?  If I’m home, most of my time is spent in the kitchen either prepping a meal, fixing a snack for Z, cooking, sorting my mail( I sort my mail at our kitchen bar/counter), and other random activities.




cleankitch


Since I complete so many tasks in my kitchen, I find that I’m always “cleaning up”. The kitchen is the heart of the home, but I really do hate all the time I have to devote to its constant cleaning. Anyway , I was thrilled to  recently find a feature in one of favourite mags; Realsimple on how to speed clean your kitchen.




cleankitch1


When I saw the title,  Speed clean, I thought-that’s my type of language!  So here is a snapshot from the feature:





Every Day


Wipe down the sink after doing the dishes or loading the dishwasher (30 seconds).
Wipe down the stove top (one minute).
Wipe down the counters (one minute).
Sweep, Swiffer, or vacuum the floor (two minutes).





Every Week


Mop the floor (five minutes).
Wipe the cabinets, backsplashes, and appliances (10 minutes).
Wash the dish rack (four minutes).
Wipe the switch plates and phone (one minute).
Wipe the inside of the garbage can (one minute).





Every Season


Empty and scrub down the inside of the refrigerator (30 minutes).
Empty and clean the insides of the utensil drawers (15 minutes).
Scrub down the cupboard exteriors (30 minutes).
Clean the stove-hood filter (10 minutes).





Beat the Clock


In the time it takes to brew a pot of coffee, you can get through your "every day" list(above).





Be Prepared


Keep extra garbage bags (or a whole roll) at the bottom of your trash can( I already do this and it really makes life easier) and never again have to retrieve an apple core from a bagless bin.





Let It Shine


Streak-free stainless-steel surfaces are the Holy Grail of kitchen cleaning. Caldrea's olive oil–based Stainless Steel Spray promises to reduce fingerprints. (Available in five scents, including green tea and lavender pine, $11 for 11.8 ounces)




cleankitch2


Great tips, don’t you think? I just gave you a snippet of the feature. You can read it in its entirety here.





Here are some more clean and beautiful kitchens to inspire youSmile







cleankitch10

cleankitch8

cleankitch9

cleankitch3

cleankitch7

cleankitch6


Hopefully these tips were as useful to you as they were to me. Happy Tuesday everyone! XX





{images: via, via, via, via, via}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top